We’ve mentioned before that over 90% of advertising isn't even remembered, a fact largely due to a lack of creativity in both the idea and the execution.
Those odds probably increase a fair bit higher when it comes to the public transport industry, largely due to a lack of real cut-through in the same areas. Added to to that, there are five associated reasons why most people don't remember bus and train communication.
Too many TOCs and OPCOs -
1. use their preferred media as opposed to the best media
2. forget that over 15million adults in the UK have literacy level of primary school age
3. sell their brand rather than their product (and it's benefits)
4. try to please everybody and upset nobody
5. say what they want to say rather what their customers need to know
No industry is perfect but there's plenty of room for improvement in this one.