Would you go for TV over online advertising any day of the week?
Be honest, given the budget and time would like to do some TV advertising to help sell your product? Or do you think it is a bit old-fashioned in today's 'on-line' is king world?
Here are some hard nosed facts about both sides of the story.
- 99.9% of people who are served an online display ad do not click on it.
- TV viewership is now at its highest point ever.
- 96% of all retail activity is done in a store. 4% is done on-line.
- Owners of digital video recorders (DVR) watch live TV 95% of the time. 5% of the time they watch recorded material.
- 99% percent of all video viewing is done on a television. 1% is done on-line.
- The difference in purchasing behaviour between people who use DVRs to skip ads, and those who don’t: None.
- Since the 1990s, click-through rates for banner ads have dropped 97.5%.
- Since the introduction of TiVo/Sky+, real time TV viewing has increased over 20%.
- Baby boomers dominate 94% of all consumer packaged goods categories. 5% of advertising is aimed at them.
- TV viewers are no more likely to leave the room during a commercial break than they are before or after the break.
Still think 'on-line' is king? Me thinks you should maybe think again.
Courtesy of the Ad Contrarian